The Michigan Association of Housing Officials (MAHO) is a statewide organization of housing and other local government code enforcement staff responsible for the protection of persons, property and the general public welfare. MAHO is a non-profit organization that provides training and certification opportunities for increasing professionalism. MAHO seeks to provide this training at the lowest possible cost for it’s members.
MAHO strives to provide four training opportunities each year. The annual meeting is held in June located on the shores of Traverse City. This two day training seminar includes the annual meeting where board members and officers are elected.
- Promotion of health and safety in dwelling units.
- Development of close cooperation with other housing
- agencies, associations and individuals having similar interests.
- Uniform administration of policies and procedures.
- Development or promulgation of a state-wide housing code.
- Continuing education of members and the public.
- Promotion of a housing strategy and plan to address
- Michigan’s housing problems.